SENSE ENROLMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT REQUIRE YOUR AGREEMENT:
- I always have the primary responsibility for excluding myself from casinos (including participating casinos), and ensuring that no one enters any casino (including participating casinos) on my behalf.
- The National Casino Forum, through the SENSE scheme, offers a voluntary self-exclusion agreement between myself and all the participating casinos to help me to self-exclude, which I agree and acknowledge may be enforced against me (and any third party who seeks to enter any participating casino on my behalf) by all participating casinos.
- The minimum period of self-exclusion is 6 months and I cannot be removed from SENSE enrolment, or seek my removal or otherwise terminate my enrolment on the SENSE scheme, within that period. My enrolment will remain in place following that 6 months’ period unless or until I attend at any casino participating in the SENSE scheme and, whilst there, make a request in writing to have my enrolment cancelled and for me to be removed from self-exclusion.
- The end date of any existing self-exclusion agreements in place with one or more of the participating casinos will be varied in order to substitute in its place the end date of the SENSE voluntary self-exclusion once a SENSE enrolment application has been processed and I have thereby self-excluded through the SENSE scheme.
- Within seven days of my enrolment with the SENSE scheme, my membership of, and any and all loyalty schemes held with, participating casinos will be closed and automatically cease and terminate (notwithstanding their specific terms of termination) and the participating casinos shall have no liability to me in respect of such closure and termination.
- Save for exercising my right to be removed from SENSE, I will not enter or attempt to enter any casino premises (and nor will I seek, request, procure or otherwise encourage any third party to enter or attempt to enter any casino premises to gamble on my behalf) whilst enrolled on the SENSE scheme and should I do so I will be considered to have breached this agreement.
- Participating casinos will not be held liable for any matter whatsoever if I enter, or any third party on my behalf enters, a casino (including any participating casino) whilst self-excluded through the SENSE scheme and I am and/or the said third party is able to gamble.
- I accept and agree that if I gamble, or if any third party on my behalf gambles, in a participating casino whilst I am enrolled with SENSE, otherwise than in circumstances considered by the relevant participating casino in its sole discretion to be exceptional:
(1) money or money’s worth staked by me, or by any such third party on my behalf, and any winnings arising therefrom will be forfeited; and
(2) gambling losses incurred by me, or by any such third party where they have gambled on my behalf, will not be reimbursed.
In the above respect, “money or money’s worth staked” includes (without limitation) not only money, money’s worth, gambling chips and/or tokens paid to and accepted by a participating casino in respect of a gambling transaction but also:
a) gambling chips and/or tokens in respect of which, in advance of any gambling transaction taking place, money and/or money’s worth has been exchanged; and / or
b) money, money’s worth, gambling chips and/or tokens which have been inserted into a gaming machine or gambling terminal (whether or not any gambling transaction has taken place)
- My application to be removed from self-exclusion will not automatically be granted and I will be requested to discuss any such application with a casino manager.
- A 24 hour time period may be required to elapse before I am allowed to enter a casino premises after my initial request for removal from the SENSE scheme.
- The personal information and photograph I have provided in the SENSE enrolment form are accurate and, in the case of the photograph, is a true likeness of me.
- If any provision of the terms and conditions of any participating casino at any time conflict with any provisions of this agreement, this agreement shall prevail.
- REMOVAL from enrolment with SENSE does not reinstate ANY membership that I may have had or ANY loyalty scheme I may have participated in.
- I have been advised that it is in my own best interests not to take part in any form of gambling and I have been informed where I can obtain further advice about problem gambling.
- No failure or delay by the National Casino Forum (or a participating casino) to exercise any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- Save in respect of the participating casinos being capable of enforcing the provisions of this agreement, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
- This agreement and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
A leaflet containing this information can be downloaded here